Techeiles – Tekhelet – Techelet – Tcheiles Strings Exclusive to Toronto at Unbeatable Prices
Let's talk about
The Torah commands Jews to, in the event one is wearing a four cornered garment, to wear Tzitzit, with includes an essential ingredient: a Psil Techeiles. While the definitions of Psil and Techeiles are open to debate, and whether one pronounces/spells it as Techeiles, Tekhelet, Techelet, or Tcheiles, the general consensus is that it’s a string or strings of biblical blue. This blue color is sourced by a mysterious sea creature called a Chilazon.
The most popular form of Techeiles today is sourced from the murex trunculus snail. This is the main Techeiles that’s being sold on this site.
Blue Fringes is proud to offer these strings exclusively and locally for the first time. No waiting time, competitive prices, and quality service.
We offer unbeatable prices with the convenience of picking up the strings locally. Prices are in CAD.
Murex string sets starting at $54.99. Begadim starting at $18. Tying starting at $25.
We offer more tying styles and methods than anyone else in the market.
You’d be pleasantly surprised which Rabbis and exclusive Balebatim wear Techeiles!
Archeology is a funny thing in that a lot of unknowns and skepticism remains, so this isn’t meant to be conclusive evidence. It’s meant to attempt to support historical assertions of Techeiles in Tzitzis though.
Common Questions and Answers
- How many Chulyot can be made with Tosafot strings? Up to 13, which is perfect for GR”A or Chinuch (not R’ Schachter).
- I would like to tie 7-8-11-13 with Raavad (1/4 ratio). Can I do so with your strings? The Raavad strings by Ptil Tekhelet provided should be long enough to cover 7-8-11-13. Same with Rambam strings.
- I would like you to do the tying. What are next steps? Supply the beged for tying and one of our staff would do the tying based on the style of your choice. You would then get called when tying is completed.
- What happens to my old strings once cut off or untied? You have the option to keep them yourself or they can be taken for disposal of Sheimos.
- Where may I pick up the strings? We would meet locally (your place, coffee shop, etc.) to conduct the transaction.
Rafi is very knowledgeable on the matters of tzitzis , techeles and talesim. He was extremely helpful and instrumental in me getting to understand the topic of techeles. Excellent service and high quality tzitzis.
Rafi was knowledgeable of the halachot and different inyanim of tzitzit. He did an excellent job in preparing my different begedim, and the fact that he would pick up and drop off was an added bonus. May he continue to help everyone be kaiyum the full mitzvah of tzitzit in the proper way.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the Blue Fringes website providing techeles in Toronto at reasonable prices. I was very impressed with the wide variety of both strings and tying styles available. My order was promptly ready the next day and I want to commend Reb Rafi for his care, commitment and tremendous knowledge.
Let’s schedule a time to meet in order that you not only are getting strings, but quality service as well. Fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.